Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin replaces the default WordPress search. Features and benefits include:
- Index pages, posts and custom post types
- Enable search and faceting on fields such as tags, categories, author, page type, custom fields and custom taxonomies
- Add special template tags so you can create your own custom result pages to match your theme.
- Search term suggestions (AutoComplete)
- Provides better search results based on relevancy
- Create custom summaries with the search terms highlighted
- Completely integrated into default WordPress theme and search widget.
- Configuration options allow you to select pages to ignore
Note : In order to make Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin work, you need a Solr server installed and configured with the provided schema.xml file.
A Solr server 3.6.0 or > installed and configured with the provided schema.xml file. This file is configured for English content. Update this file according to your content language.
In order to have spell checking work, in your solrconfig.xml file, check :
the spellchecker component have to be correctly configured :
the request handler includes the spellchecker component
If you are using “Solr for WordPress” WordPress plugin, deactivate and uninstall it.
- Upload the
advanced-search-by-my-solr-serverfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go in Advanced Search by My Solr Server settings page (“Advanced Search by My Solr Server”), configure the plugin and Load your blog content in Solr (“Load Content” button)
Customize the plugin display
The plugin uses the template files located in the
template directory. You can implement your own template files by copying theses files with a new name terminating by “_custom” (for instance, the file mss_search.php is copied as mss_search_custom.php). These new files can be located in the plugin’s template directory or in your theme’s main directory.
- What version of WordPress does Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin work with?
Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin works with WordPress 3.0.0 and greater.
- What version of Solr does Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin work with?
Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin works with Solr 3.6.x or 4.0.x;
- How to manage Custom Post type, custom taxonomies and custom fields?
Advanced Search by My Solr Server plugin was tested with:
* “Custom Post Type UI” plugin for Custom Post type and custom taxonomies management
* “Custom Field Template” plugin for custom fields management
* WP-Types plugin for Custom Post type and custom taxonomies management and for custom fields management
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Advanced Search by My Solr Server» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- update schema.xml for Solr 3.6.x
- add schema.xml for Solr 4.0.x
- SolrPhpClient upgrade for Solr 4.0.x compatibility
- Search result display bug fix
- Bug fix jQuery conflict
- Tests with WP-Types plugin
- Include custom fields and custom taxonomies in searched data
- SolrPhpClient upgrade
- Add proxy support
- Bug fix while checking Solr connection
- Update installation prerequisites in order to have spell checking work.
- Includes all indexing and searching features
- “Solr for WordPress” plugin is not a pre-requisite anymore
- Add support for custom post types and custom taxonomies
- Settings page refactoring
- Bug fixing
- Bug fixing
- Bug fixing
- Initial version just for My Solr Server connection management.
- “Solr for WordPress” plugin is a pre-requisite