Customize and add a Do Not Sell button to your website to provide a transparent mechanism for website visitors to opt out of the sale of their personal data and exercise their consumer rights.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and Nevada Privacy Law, website visitors have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information.
The CookiePro Do Not Sell Plugin provides an easy way for website owners to meet the Do Not Sell requirement through a user-friendly, customizable interface that doesn’t require any coding experience.
With two implementation options, it’s easy to add a floating action button or link anywhere on your website. Once published, website visitors can click on the button to view key information such as your privacy notice, contact information, and data subject request form as well as the ability to opt-out of personalized advertisements.
- Customize a Do Not Sell floating action button with real-time preview updates
- Add key contact information to floating action button
- Include a consumer rights request form from CookiePro
- Optional: Sign up for a CookiePro account to create a Consumer Rights form that can be linked from your Do Not Sell action button. Visit CookiePro.com to get started.
- Allow users to opt-out of personalized advertisements
- Install and activate the CookiePro Do Not Sell plugin on your WordPress website.
- Once activated, the CookiePro CCPA plugin will appear in the left-hand navigation of your dashboard.
- Customize your Do Not Sell button and modal.
- Optional: Copy and paste the CookiePro Consumer Rights form link into the CookiePro CCPA plugin.
- Click save, press publish, and the icon and modal will be added to your website.
CookiePro is the most mature and trusted cookie consent tool that is purpose-built for compliance with CCPA, GDPR, ePrivacy, and IAB framework. CookiePro offers an advanced consent solution with products for cookie compliance, mobile app compliance and consumer & subject rights requests. These products can be used together or individually to power your consent solution.
Main features include:
- Automatically scan and categorize cookies on your website
- Customize your cookie banner and preview before publishing
- Configure consent models by geolocation (Show only in EU)
- Respect prior consent and Do Not Track browser settings
- Granular preferences center and ability to withdraw consent
- Complete records of consent to demonstrate compliance
- Audit website for changes through scheduled website scans
- View previously published versions saved in a script archive
- Leverage built-in templates with multilingual support (50+ languages)
How to sign up for a cookiepro account
- Email us at email@example.com
- Browse the CookiePro Community for knowledgebase articles, product updates and the latest privacy news.
This plugin allows you to add a Do Not Sell button to your WordPress website. Use of this plugin does not, by itself, ensure compliance with legal requirements related to cookies or consumer rights.
This plugin was created by CookiePro. CookiePro provides purpose-built tools to help website owners and agencies simplify compliance with global privacy laws including GDPR, CCPA, and ePrivacy.
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click the upload plugin
- Browse for the plugin file on your computer
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«CCPA Opt-Out by CookiePro» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduce «CCPA Opt-Out by CookiePro» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Improved usability and updated terminology
- Updated the WCAG compliance
- Fixed some UI issues
- Added an option to select the user access
- Added an option to include IAB framework
- Updated the CDN Script
- Added the button option to display the button