FlareSmith is a plugin to integrate the FeedBurner Stats and FeedFlare services into your WordPress site – all without having to edit any of your theme files!
A FeedBurner account is required to use this plugin.
The FlareSmith plugin was developed by Eric Marden, and is provided with out warranty under the GPLv3 License. More info and other plugins at: http://xentek.net
Copyright 2008 Eric Marden (email : firstname.lastname@example.org)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- Unzip and Upload the ‘feedflare’ folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu in WordPress, and enter the unique part of your FeedBurner address.
- If you want FeedFlare units to be shown when ever a post is displayed (including the homepage, and other lists of posts), check the box.
- If you are using Adsense for Feeds, or the My Brand service, then set the option for your address.
- Does this require a FeedBurner Account?
Yes it does. Once you’ve signed up and ‘burned’ your feed. You will need to activate the Stats and (Site) FeedFlare functionality for your feed.
- Does this work with FeedBurner Pro Stats?
Yes, it does.
- Will it display FeedFlare on my homepage or other lists of blog posts?
It does now. Thanks to Bran for the feature suggestion.
- Does it insert FeedFlare on my Pages?
No. It only operates on blog posts. Pages don’t appear in Feeds and as such are outside of FeedBurner’s domain.
- Does it work with WordPress MU?
Yes, as of version 0.13 it does. Thanks to Guillermo for the bug report.
- Does it support Adsense enabled feeds or the My Brand Service?
Yes, as of version 0.15, you can set the FeedBurner address you want to use. Thanks to David K. for pointing this out.
Version 0.17 fixes an issues with My Brand support, and lets you supply your MyBrand URL, which is probably different than your blog url (which v0.15 and v0.16 assumed).
- Can I style the output?
As of v0.20, I have wrapped the feedflare output in a DIV with an unique ID and Class that you can use to theme it. Thanks to Alexander Gieg for the suggestion!
- I want to help with development of this Plugin!
The project is now hosted on github.com. Just fork the project and send me a pull request.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Flare Smith» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduce «Flare Smith» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Added settings link to the plugin page
- Refactored to not require a global $post object. Just using straight get_permalink() instead.
- Fixed issue with My Brand support in the plugin
- Added My Brand support for custom feedburner url aliases
- Patched to work with WPMU