Gift Up! is the simplest way to sell gift cards online. It’s completely free to setup and there are no monthly fees, we only change a small fee when you sell a gift card.
Gift Up! is an app that works with your existing wordpress website and social media platforms and allows you to create and sell gift cards for your business. It’s very simple for you to install, and it’s a seamless experience for your customers.
First, we’ll provide you with easy steps to add gift card purchase functionality to your current website. It’s easy and fast to install. Easily design beautiful gift cards and certificates with your branding and logo. Access hundreds of unique, beautiful designs or create your own. Sell either products or services with specific pre-set amounts or customers can input a custom amount.
Once a customer purchases a gift card, we’ll handle everything, from processing their payment to delivery of a digital or physical gift card. The process is fully automated, you get paid in full immediately and we make sure your customer receives their digital gift card via email.
It’s a smooth experience for your customers to buy gift cards 24/7 directly from your website and social media platform, with your branding. They can pay with debit or credit cards, or other payment methods like Apple Pay and Google Pay.
When a customer is ready to redeem their gift card, you can process the payment in-person using our mobile/web app: https://help.giftup.com/article/21-how-to-validate-accept-redeem-gift-cards-in-person, or if you use WooCommerce, directly in your online shopping cart.
What does Gift Up! do?
- Beautiful gift cards with your branding
- Fully automated email delivery of your gift cards, immediate or on a future date/time
- Simple checkout installation in any wordpress page or post using our shortcode
- Accept the gift cards you sell anywhere, from in-store via our mobile apps or your online cart
- Full management dashboard included
You can also:
- Design your own gift cards, or choose from one of our designs
- Specify expiry dates for gift cards
- Sell gift cards in any currency
- Integrate Gift Up! with 1000+ other software products you use, like MailChimp etc…
- Redeem your gift cards in-person using our simple-to-use app, or in your WooCommerce shopping cart (if you have an online store)
Install Gift Up! via the WordPress plugin store.
- After activating the the Gift Up! wordpress plugin, create an account with Gift Up!
- In the plugin settings panel, copy/paste your unique wordpress API key
- Visit the Gift Up! dashboard and complete the simple steps to configure your account (like how to get paid etc…).
- Drop our shortcode
[giftup]into a page somewhere to install your checkout
- Enjoy gift card sales!
We have a huge knowledgebase on our website, check it out for all your questions and answers.
What is Gift Up’s fee?
No monthly or setup fees. We charge a fee of 3.49% when a gift card is bought (but you can opt for your customers to pay this if you prefer).
- No setup or hidden costs
- Pay only if you sell a gift card
- Gift Up! system is totally free to use
- You get paid on a rolling 2-day basis
How do my customers pay for my gift cards?
After a simple copy/paste installation of our checkout system on your website, your customers pay for their orders using either credit/debit cards, PayPal, Apple pay or Android pay.
We ask you to attach your own payment gateway to Gift Up! We support Stripe, PayPal, Square, Mollie, Authorize.Net, Adyen and more…
What languages/currencies does Gift Up! support?
You can choose to have our checkout in 30+ different languages, including:
– English (US)
– English (Canadian)
– English (Australian)
– English (British)
– French (Canadian)
– Portuguese (Brazilian)
You can also take payment from your customers in 135+ different currencies. View all currencies supported. Popular currencies are USD, AUD, GBP and Euros… all fully supported.
How and when do I get paid?
You get the gift card revenue (less any payment processing fees and our fee) immediately. We do not hold on to any funds. You can get the money into your designated bank account in 1-2 working days.
What can I sell in the gift cards/certificates?
Anything you like! We have thousands of customers using us selling all sorts of things; you have complete control.
What does the plugin do to my website?
It enables a shortcode that you can use to install our drop-in checkout easily in to any page or post (
[giftup]). We have a demo of what it looks like here.
What about WooCommerce support?
We have full support for WooCommerce, this means your customers can use their gift cards in your existing WooCommerce store!
More information on how our WooCommerce integration works
This requires WooCommerce v3.0+ and we have confirmed compatibility with the following WooCommerce plugins (amongst others):
– WooCommerce Currency Converter
– WooCommerce Shipping & Tax
– WooCommerce AvaTax
– WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO
– Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce by ORION
– Country Based Restrictions for WooCommerce
– AlgolPlus Advanced Dynamic Pricing
Please note, that the new (and crucially experimental) feature named “WooCommerce Blocks” actively being developed by WooCommerce is incompatible with Gift Up! for the time being as it required capability that is not yet present.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Gift Up! Gift Cards for WordPress and WooCommerce» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduce «Gift Up! Gift Cards for WordPress and WooCommerce» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
* Updated button styles for WooCommerce cart widget
* Added fr_CA language pack
* Added API Key filter
* Improved redeem API calls to deal with varying cURL standards. Added support for WC 7.0.0 and WP 6.0.3
* Improved diagnostics around redeeming gift cards, and reasons why it’s failed and is blocking an order
* Improvements when checkout transformation plugins are used to swap out standard WooCommerce carts
* WP6.0 compatibility
* Gift cards cannot be redeemed if Gift Up account is payment overdue
* More improvements for mutated WooCommerce checkout flows
* Added support for floating cart style plugins
- Added Dutch translations
- More tolerant way to redeem so it does not require a post body
- Added ability to pre-set the custom value amount if a custom value gift card is forced
- Disabled lookup of gift card if coupon not found
- Added message warning about test mode cookie being set, but not logged in as admin
- Bug fixed: using rawurlencode now
- Bug fixed: gift card codes with spaces in them now are redeemable via WooCommerce
- Bug fixed when entering a gift card code into the promo code field on certain versions of WooCommerce
- Entering a gift card code into the promo code field now applies the gift card, if it exists
- Latest WP & WC support
- Supports new valid-from policy
- Rounded redeem value to 2DP
- Added nb_NO language
- Bug fix when saving API key
- Compatibility with WooCommerce Currency Converter
- Added diagnostics mode for WooCommerce & fixed replay logic for compatibility with Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce by ORION plugin
- Detect unit backed gift cards and reject them with a message
- Detect and consider WooCommerce activation state
- Improved shortcode interpretation= 2.4.1 =
- Compatibility with WooCommerce AvaTax & WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO plugins
- Improved reliability of redeeming of gift cards for various order statuses
- Can enter the gift card on the checkout page as well as the cart page now
- Allow WooCommerce connection when not fully onboarded in Gift Up! yet
- Test mode tweaks
- Compatibility with Conditional Discounts for WooCommerce by ORION plugin
- Compatibility with Country Based Restrictions for WooCommerce plugin
- Improved diagnostics around making outbound curl requests, including TLS checks
- Improved diagnostics around making outbound curl requests
- Responsive cart labels fixed on non-English sites
- WooCommerce tax handling improved in various setups
- Plugin version determination updated
- WP 5.5 compatibility & new styling classes for checkout controls
- Catch errors when reading plugin state from file system
- Bug fixed again getting WooCommerce version when WooCommerce is not installed
- Bug fixed getting WooCommerce version when WooCommerce is not installed
- Test to make sure WooCommerce is activated as a plugin
- WooCommerce version test methodology changed to be more inclusive for different deployment environments
- WooCommerce version test methodology changed to be more reliable
- CSS fix for gift card entry
- Compatibility with AlgolPlus Advanced Dynamic Pricing plugin
- Added ability to use test gift cards in WooCommerce cart
- Rewrite of WooCommerce integration to no longer use Discount Coupons as mechanism, instead WooCommerce is now operated against the Gift Up! API directly
- Compatibility with WP 5.3 & WC 3.8
- Updated plugin name and version compatibility checks
- Added extra customizable properties
- Updated demo link
- Added ‘hideartwork’ to shortcode properties
- Added ‘promocode’ to shortcode properties
- Added extra parameters to the shortcode for pre-filling values in the checkout
- Minor improvement to WooCommerce connection wording
- Improved installation script
- Improved API error reporting if no connection made
- Added platform identifier to checkout installation code
- Added ability to install checkout for a single product only
- Broadcast WooCommerce supported version
- Improved WooCommerce connection for slower network connections.
- Improved WooCommerce connection.
- Support for WooCommerce.
- Improved signup workflow.
- Initial version.