A shortcode added to a Page on the website outputs a summary page for a player.
From here links allow the player to view their competition, score and handicap history.
Further links allow the player to view the complete competition and scores history.
- Keeps records of players, competitions, scores and handicaps
- Handicap Calculation using simplified version of WHS
- Uses Course Rating, Slope Rating and Par for handicap calculation
- Sends personalised EMails for Playing Handicap and Results
- Creates individual logins for each player (as they are added)
- Supports Players that do not (currently) have an EMail address
- Players can edit their own contact details using WP Profile editor
- Only 18 hole Stableford competitions are supported
- Simplified WHS Handicapping
- Handicap Calculations NOT authorised by any golf governing body
First Time Installation
- Download the plugin archive
- Open the WordPress Dashboard for your site
- Click “Add New” under the “Plugins” menu
- Select the “Upload Plugin” option
- Under “Install a plugin in .zip format” browse to the plugin archive file you downloaded
- Click Install Now.
- After it has installed, activate the plugin.
- On the WP Plugins Page deactivate (but do NOT delete) the current golfsoc plugin
- Using FTP (or your ISPs file manager) delete the current golfsoc plugin folder in the wp-content/plugins folder
- Now Proceed as for the First Time Installation
How are the handicaps calculated?
- Handicaps are calculated by taking an average of the best scores from a number of recent scores.
- The number of scores averaged and the number they are selected from can both be specified in the plugin settings.
- Where a player has less scores that the number of scores averaged then all their scores are avaraged to calculate the handicap.
Do you offer support?
- The author has created this plugin for their own golf society, and published in the hope that it will be useful for others.
- Users are welcome to report bugs and suggestions for improvemnets, but the author cannot provide site specific support.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«GolfSoc» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Added support for Non-Return rounds
- Tested with WP 6.3
- Further updates for PHP 9 Compatibility
- Updated to prevent null string errors in PHP 9
- All echo calls now escaped before output (uses Safe_Echo() function)
- Handicap Archive page now shows expired entries in blue italics
- Added Players Scores, Handicap History & Playing Handicap Exports
- Added Postcode, Phone and What3Words to Course Details
- Scores now only published once competition is closed
- Added “Edit Course” function
- Bug Fix: Playing Handicaps Template always says “Active Players”
- Added (optional) competition details to “Add Competition” adnin pages
- Bug Fix: Bulk Action and Page Navigation elements not on same line
- Added PH to Handicap Archive template
- Close Competition button on Add Scores page closes comp then prompts for results email notifications
- Added “Holes” to Tee Details on Courses Admion Page
- Added “SD” to handicap archive page template
- Bug Fix: Invalid URL in emails
- Added scores export to tools admin page
- First release