🏳️🌈 Add an LGBTQIA+ flag design to your admin bar.
Originally added to WordPress.com and viewable by Australian users to support marriage equality, I have bought the rainbow flag to everyone’s Admin Bar, via this plugin.
But that’s not all, as it now supports 47 different flags…
- Arospec (was Aromantic)
- Gay Men
- Gender Nonconforming
- Lesbian (5 stripe)
- Lesbian (7 stripe)
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Pride (Gilbert Baker)
- Pride (More Colour More Pride)
- Pride (Traditional)
And, thanks to code by Mika Epstein, you can modify the positioning of the flag too – allow it to flow behind your Admin Bar menu options or go around it.
How to use? Just install, activate and enjoy a new flag colored admin bar. Different designs are available – head to Settings -> General -> Pride Bar to change the flag and positioning.
Thanks to for Michael Arestad for writing the original code and Pento for sharing it. And particularly to the LGBTQIA+ community for having such awesome symbols.
Iconography is courtesy of the very talented Janki Rathod ♥️
👉 Please visit the Github page for the latest code development, planned enhancements and known issues 👈
Pride Bar can be found and installed via the Plugin menu within WordPress administration (Plugins -> Add New). Alternatively, it can be downloaded from WordPress.org and installed manually…
- Upload the entire
pride-barfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress administration.
Voila! It’s ready to go.
Can I submit my own theme?
Yes you can. If you take a look at the plugin folder, you’ll see a sub-folder named
css– in that is the CSS for each theme. Simply modify one of those to your taste then, if you’d like to share it, send it along to me and I’ll look to include it in future releases, complete with its own unique name.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Pride Bar» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
«Pride Bar» ha sido traducido a 3 idiomas locales. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
Traduce «Pride Bar» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
I use semantic versioning, with the first release being 1.0.
- Bug: As Snoop Dogg once said, “it’s amazing how much trouble you can get in for a mis-placed hash”. Okay, he didn’t say that but you can imagine it, right? Yeah, I put a hash symbol somewhere where it shouldn’t have been and broke the Monosexual style. Ironically, the result was that it appeared as just a single color
- Bug: I didn’t add Intersex last time around, despite stating I had. Now added
- Bug: Fixed some escaping that wasn’t correct
- Enhancement: One year later and it’s Pride month once again. Time to add more styles. 14 more, to be precise
- Enhancement: Improved some wording
- Enhancement: It’s Pride month, so what better time to add 18 more styles, more than doubling the number available?
- Enhancement: Added a link to the settings page so that you can request additional styles to be added
- Enhancement: Code efficiency improvements
- Maintenance: Renamed the LBGT style to Pride (Traditional)
- Enhancement: Added option to define whether the flag appears behind or inline with the admin bar menu options
- Enhancement: Instead of just the LGBT pride flag, this now supports 14 different flags from the community
- Enhancement: The menu bar text colour will inverse when certain flags are used, allowing them to be more readable
- Enhancement: CSS is now added to the page header in-line, due to it being generated on-the-fly
- Maintenance: Updated README text as well as the uninstaller (to get rid of the new, second setting upon removal)
- Enhancement: Not only follows all of the WordPress coding standards but also the gold-standard WP VIP standards too. This is one well written plugin, even if I do say so myself
- Enhancement: Improved the plugin meta data and added donation information in. Just because
- Bug: Fixed PHP errors that occurred upon first activation
- Enhancement: CSS is now compressed
- Enhancement: Further code quality enhancements made
- Enhancement: Code quality enhancements to bring it in line with WordPress.com VIP coding standards
- Initial release