This plugin was developed to display excerpts from random posts in a category. jQuery is used for fading the plugin in and out. It’s a great way for displaying testimonials of clients or just giving a snapshot of content from your site.
Shortcode added as of version 1.4
The most basic use is:
[reFader] this will use the default options.
Here is an example of all the options in use
[reFader title=”Random Excerpts” cat=”23″ type=”post” amount=”5″ length=”50″ duration=”5000″ linked=”no” url=”http://www.jackreichert.com/”]
This will show 5 (amount) posts (type) from category #23 (cat). It will show 50 (length) words from each post and fade out/in every 5 seconds (duration). It will not link each title to the corresponding post, but it will link all the titles to this plugins page (url).
- Upload the RandomExcerptsFader folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place widget in desired place and set options there.
- Are you planning on developing this further to include thumbnails?
- Is it true that you coded the first version of this plugin live on stage at a WordCamp, with Matt in the audience?
- What about foo bar?
The foo bar is not a problem here. Don’t worry about it.
No hay reseñas para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Random Excerpts Fader» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- array_merge() error
- Post types added.
- Added fallback so it shows all for circumstances when jQuery.ready() won’t work.
- Fixed php errors
- Implemented plugins_url
- Added featured images as an alternative to excerpts.
- Fixed JS issues with excerpt height in some browsers.
- Added Shortcode
- Cleaned up jQuery
- Opacity bug
- Fixed IE bugs
- Rewrote the js to make it more efficient
- Added fixed height option
- Tested on 3.2 RC1
- “all categories” had stopped working in this version – Fixed.
- Fixed title when not linked
- fixed linking bug (thanks to Martin).
- Switched loop to get_posts.
- Styles enqueued properly.
- Replaced deprecated the_content_rss() with custom function.
- Fix for includes.
- This is the first live version