Unlock is a protocol for memberships that lets any creator monetize their content permissionless.
In order to become members, visitors may need to be using a web3-enabled wallet such as MetaMask or a web browser with an embedded wallet, such as Opera. They also need a balance of crypto-currency to purchase the memberships.
The plugin enables “full-post” locking, or just block-level level locking, using the Gutemberg Editor.
The plugin uses Unlock’s default checkout UI, which means it lets users who do not have wallet create an Unlock account or even pay using credit card, if your lock supports this.
If you’d like to add a lock to your site, start by [deploying your first lock]https://app.unlock-protocol.com/locks/create). We strongly recommend starting with a test network such as Goerli.
While the lock is deploying, you should download this plugin from the WordPress site. Then, from the administration of your WordPress.org website, in the
Plugins section, click on the
Add New button and then on theUpload Plugin` button to upload the plugin.
Note: To allow new users to log in using their Ethereum wallet with a single click, make sure that Settings > General > Anyone can register (for single sites) or Network Settings > Allow new registrations > User accounts may be registered (for multisites) is enabled. Your existing users can link their wallets to their WordPress accounts regardless of this setting.
Writing locked stories
You can either choose to lock the whole post, using the post-level settings, or to lock specific Blocks in the UI with the Gutenberg Editor, for posts and pages.
To add the Unlock Protocol block inside the page/post please follow the below steps:
- Click on Post -> Add New
- To add a block you just need to click on “+” in the editor.
- Enter Unlock Protocol in the search.
- Unlock Protocol block will be shown. Click on the block, the block gets added.
- You will be able to see block settings on the right side. From block settings, add at least one lock, select the right network and, enter its address.
Once your page or post includes the content you need, you can preview its content like any other WordPress post or page. We recommend the use of a web3 wallet which supports multiple accounts so that you can easily toggle between accounts which are already members and accounts which are not members yet!
This plugin is, like all of the Unlock code, open source. You’re encouraged to fork it and make any changes you’d like! If you believe these changes would be beneficial to others, we encourage you to also open a Pull Request so that we could add these to the main branch released on the wordpress.org website!
To setup local development environment for the plugin using we recommend using Localwp. To get started, simply clone the repo from GitHub.
The repo includes a
unlock-wordpress-plugin which has the required
You can package the whole plugin by using
yarn run release and install it in your local WordPress instance. Alternatively, you can add a symbolic link in the local WordPress’s
wp-content/plugins folder that points to the
Publishing the plugin
In order to update the plugin, check out the current subversion state with
svn co https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/unlock-protocol
Then, from the GitHub repo clone, inside the
assets folder, write
yarn run release
This will generate a zip file in dist directory, unzip that file and copy the content to trunk directory in svn repo and commit the changes into svn with
svn ci -m "commit message"
Then, tag the new version (replace X and Y!) to release it:
svn cp trunk tags/X.Y svn ci -m "tagging version X.Y"
Additionally, please make sure you tag the version on Github:
git tag -a X.Y -m "tagging version X.Y" git push origin X.Y
And finally, create the release on Github’si UI
Este plugin proporciona 1 bloque.
- Unlock Protocol
To be completed with questions!
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Unlock Protocol» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
«Unlock Protocol» ha sido traducido a 1 idioma local. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
Traduce «Unlock Protocol» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Version bump to reflect changes in README
- Re-architected plugin
- Adding support for fully locked posts
- Updated RPC endpoints
- Fixing auth endpoint
- Changed default RPC endpoint for gnosis chain
- Support for PHP7.0
- Checkout URL customization
- Endpoint customization
- Switching RPC check to use getHasValidKey so that it can grant access based on the hasValidKeyHook
- Adding support for blocks with multiple locks
- Brand new plugin with updated UI
- User can login to the WordPress site by using Unlock Protocol account.
- Pre-filled networks
- Setting to add/delete networks.
- Setting to customize the login and checkout button.
- User is linked with the Unlock Protocol site.
- Now the login and purchase is validated from the Unlock Protocol site and content is displaying after the user has the correct access on that specific content.
- Added new Hooks.
- Uses the latest Unlock paywall script https://unlock-protocol.com/blog/introducing-latest-paywall/
- each post/page can have a different configuration
- block setting is now visible inside of the Editor
- Button is not only visible when content is locked
- Supporting nested blocks.
- Initial version