Accept WeChat Pay and Alipay via Stripe with a checkout flow optimized for Chinese customers. WooCommerce, MemberPress, and Payment Page are supported.
💳 ACCEPT WECHAT PAY & ALIPAY VIA STRIPE
Accept WeChat Pay or Alipay payments with the powerful Stripe.com integration. We’ve implemented the best practices for accepting WeChat Pay via dynamic QR codes and Alipay redirection for Chinese customers.
✅ PERFECT FOR:
- eCommerce stores selling to China.
- English teachers working with Chinese students.
- Selling Memberships to Chinese customers.
- Anybody who wants to accept WeChat Pay or Alipay and can register for a Stripe account in a Stripe supported country.
🔌 POWERFUL INTEGRATIONS
- Payment Page
🇨🇳 OPTIMIZED PAYMENT FLOW FOR CHINESE CUSTOMERS
We’ve adapted the checkout flow for Chinese customers by including currency conversion, full Chinese translation, animated graphics, and the option to include customizable text that guides customers to complete payment seamlessly.
🤝 FAMILIAR PAYMENT METHODS
Offering local payment methods is vital to a successful China-focused business, so we’ve made it easy to accept Credit Cards, WeChat Pay, and Alipay with the power of the Stripe API. WeChat Official Account integration is coming soon!
🌐 2 DEFAULT CURRENCY OPTIONS
WeChat Pay and Alipay support your Stripe account default currency and can display either the default or the CNY equivalent on checkout. Our currency conversion integration gives you even more flexibility.
🔃 ALIPAY RECURRING SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENTS
Stripe’s Alipay integration supports recurring subscription payments – and so do we! Just set up WooCommerce subscriptions and you’ll be good to go with recurring Alipay payments.
🔀 CUSTOMIZABLE PAYMENT FLOW
With the Payment Page integration, you can accept one-time payments and custom payment amounts for invoices or one-off services.
🔒 SECURE & ENCRYPTED PAYMENTS
Stripe integration ensures payment details are processed securely and privately no matter where you’re located. The plugin also prevents payment if you don’t have SSL enabled on your site.
🆘 TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT
Get red-carpet support from the Gaucho Plugins team. Just submit a ticket.
Supported Stripe Payment Methods
- Alipay (Free)
- WeChat Pay (Free)
- Payment Page (Free)
- WooCommerce (Free)
- MemberPress (Free – coming back soon!)
Please read more about free and pro features below.
- One-time Alipay payments.
- One-time WeChat Pay payments.
- Integrations with WooCommerce and Payment Page.
- Stripe Connect for easily connecting your Stripe account w/o API keys.
- Remove 2% Transaction Fee
- Alipay Recurring payments
- Checkout optimizations for Chinese customers – coming soon!
WooCommerce Setup Video
Are you selling to Chinese customers?
This is the perfect plugin for business owners or entrepreneurs who want to accept WeChat Pay or Alipay payments from Chinese customers.
Stripe.com supports WeChat Pay and Alipay payments, meaning you don’t have to set up a WeChat Official Account or register your business in China in order to accept WeChat Pay. Now, you can easily charge Chinese consumers using a payment method familiar to them and then have the funds deposited into your domestic bank account associated with Stripe. Simple and easy!
WeChat Pay, Alipay & Credit Card Payments Work Seamlessly
- WeChat Pay generates a QR code for the end-user to scan using their mobile device
- Alipay payments redirect the user to Alipay’s website, which displays a QR code for the same mobile payment process or to login to the user’s Alipay account, then automatically redirects the end-user back to your selected thank you page upon payment completion
- Users are redirected to the Thank You page
- WeChat users must generate the code on another device and scan it with their WeChat app. A notification pops up on the form notifying them to do this.
- Alipay users are redirected to the corresponding payment website on their mobile browsers to complete payment.
- Users are redirected to the Thank You page
You must have a verified Stripe.com account in a supported Stripe country to use this plugin.
Alipay and WeChat payments can only be accepted from Alipay and WeChat accounts that have been identity verified. Stripe cannot presently accept payments from unverified Alipay and WeChat accounts, but this may be subject to change.
WeChat Pay supports one-time payments from Chinese customers.
Alipay supports one-time payments from Chinese customers out of the box. Recurring payments can be enabled by Stripe and require customization by our team in the plugin. Contact us to get recurring Alipay payments set up.
China Payments Plugin requires you to Connect your Stripe account in order to function properly for TEST or LIVE payments.
If you have any problems or need installation support, we kindly request you please contact us for support BEFORE leaving negative feedback. We will do our best to resolve your issue or use your feedback to improve future releases.
- Upload ‘wp-stripe-global-payments.zip’ to your WordPress site’s /wp-content/plugins/ folder or upload through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure any of the supported integrations.
- Check out our documentation for support.
Do I need to have a Stripe.com account in order to use this plugin?
Yes. Please sign up for a Stripe.com account in your country by clicking here.
What payment options are currently supported?
Alipay and WeChat Pay are supported in the free version for one-time payments.
Does Alipay support recurring payments?
Alipay one-time payments are supported in the free version of China Payments Plugin. For recurring Alipay payments, you must request Alipay to be activated by Stripe. Contact their support to enable Alipay payments, then contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll help you get Alipay recurring payments activated in the plugin too.
Are there any transaction fees for using China Payments Plugin?
The Free version of China Payments Plugin includes a small 2% transaction fee to help us continue supporting the community with ongoing development and improvements.
To remove the fee and get access to other features, like checkout optimizations for Chinese customers and recurring Alipay payments, please see our paid plans.
Is WooCommerce supported?
Absolutely! You can offer WeChat Pay and Alipay on your WooCommerce checkout.
Is MemberPress supported?
Absolutely! You can offer WeChat Pay and Alipay on your MemberPress checkout using version 2.3.6 or earlier. The MemberPress integration has been deprecated in versions 3.0 and later and will be rebuilt in the future.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«China Payments Plugin | Accept WeChat Pay and Alipay» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
«China Payments Plugin | Accept WeChat Pay and Alipay» ha sido traducido a 2 idiomas locales. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
Traduce «China Payments Plugin | Accept WeChat Pay and Alipay» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Updated Freemius SDK to v2.4.5.
- Bug fix for Stripe accounts that disconnect from the platform.
- General bug fixes.
- Updated link to documentation.
- Freemius SDK update to v2.4.4.
- Added Alipay recurring payments via Stripe.
- Bugfix to activating payment methods from settings area in TEST mode.
- Text changes in the UI.
- Made WeChat Pay available in the free version for WooCommerce and Payment Page.
- Implemented platform fee for free version of plugin.
- Simplified the Settings area and Quick Setup.
- Fix for Live Webhook Signing Secret not rendering properly.
- Improved error handling.
- Completely refactored settings interface and first-time user experience.
- New and more secure Stripe Connect API.
- Rebuilt the integration with WooCommerce to be more reliable.
- New integration with Payment Page plugin.
- Payment Buttons and shortcodes deprecated in favor of Payment Page integration.
- MemberPress deprecated (will be rebuilt in future).
- Some other optimizations have been deprecated.
- Updates to the currency conversion API for WooCommerce.
- Added a dropdown indicator icon or the currency selector field.
- Reset currency conversion every time the form is loaded.
- Fixed a conflict with the Conditional Checkout Fields for WooCommerce plugin.
- Updates to ensure the currency conversion API is working on WooCommerce checkout and for fixed amounts on the Payment Buttons.
- Bugfix for currency conversion API not showing when logged out of the site in some cases.
- Currency conversion API now displays error responses.
- Bugfix for WooCommerce checkout throwing an integer comma placement error for payments above 1,000 currency units in some cases.
- CNY is now available for checking out with WeChat Pay and Alipay on the Payment Buttons.
- CNY is now available for checking out with WeChat Pay + WooCommerce.
- Payment amounts are now handled properly regardless of the WooCommerce Store’s currency decimal settings.
- Improved handling for non-decimal currencies with custom payment amounts.
- New shortcodes for managing default currencies independently for each payment method on the Payment Buttons.
- Improved error handling for MemberPress.
- Updated MemberPress integration to the Stripe Payment Intents API.
- Ensured the payment flow is catching all kinds of errors when they occur to help diagnose issues.
- Fixed non-decimal currencies having an issue with the payment button checkout.
- Updates for Stripe Partners Program.
- Removed notification to reconnect Stripe since the latest update to our Stripe Connect API in June.
- Handling some Stripe console errors in certain situations.
- Fixed bug for one-time WeChat Pay and Alipay payments not checking for a customer properly in Stripe.
- Upgrades to meet Stripe Partners Program requirements
- Fixed bug for one-time credit card payments not checking for a customer properly in Stripe.
- Added notification to reconnect Stripe based on latest Stripe API upgrades.
- Upgraded to Payment Intents API for all payment methods for Payment Buttons and WooCommerce (MemberPress coming next)
- Added activation options for Email functionality (beta)
- Created an option to delete all DB entries on plugin deactivation
- Small change to Freemius SDK
- Fixed credit card payment form redirect issue
- Fixed currency conversion API bug showing all the time
- Fixed Alipay checkout icon size
- Added improved freemium upgrade flow options
- Updated Settings UI
- Currency conversion API now supports WooCommerce checkout
- Bug fixes
- Freemius SDK Update
Modernized the WP Admin upgrade page, MemberPress integration
- Minor updates.
* Fixed an issue with expiring WeChat QR codes.
- Improving security and Freemius SDK version updated.
- Adapted for WordPress 5.5.
- Minor updates and security improvements.
- Fixed Alipay logo size for WooCommerce checkout.
- Added Alipay for WooCommerce.
- Designating thank you page for the payment form.
- Improving security and minor fixes.
- Minor fixes.
- Minor fixes.
- Updated Translations.
- Fixed amounts for all payment methods.
- New logos and minor fixes.
- WooCommerce integration.
- Alipay and WeChat Pay logos updated.
- Minor update.
- All JS files are now minified to improve speed.
- Stripe.js now will be called only on the payment page and not on other pages. another page.
- Some console errors were fixed.
- General bug fixes.
- Fixing issues related to customer creation, webhooks and console warnings.
- Major bug fixes for webhooks.
- Improvements to saving customer data in Stripe.
- Mobile UX improvements.
- Shortcode modifications.
- Stripe Connect upgrades.
- Fixing webhook issues.
- Improvements in the Payment method forms.
- Minor upgrades regarding payment form.
- Upgrade with minor changes.
- Minor fix and log updates.
- Minor updates and bug fixes.
- Log improvements and Bug fixes.
- BIG update!
- Added Stripe Connect.
- Added Currency conversion.
- Added UI checkout text.
- Added Phone number field.
- Creating a Customer in Stripe for payments.
- Error logging.
- Bug fixes.
- Adding readme info and updating plans.
- Bug fixing and improved mobile experience.
- Minor updates.
- Minor updates.
- Our first version!