This plugin makes testing Yoast SEO, Yoast SEO add-ons and integrations and resetting the different features a lot easier. It also makes testing database migrations a lot easier as it allows you to set the database version and see if the upgrade process runs smoothly.
This test helper plugin has several features:
- Toggle between premium and free Yoast SEO versions easily.
- Easily start a co-browsing session with Yoast Support.
- Easily enable Yoast SEO development mode.
- Saving and restoring Yoast SEO and Yoast SEO extension options, to test upgrade paths.
- Add options debug info to Yoast SEO admin pages.
- Reset the internal link counter, prominent words calculation and other features.
- Add two post types (Books and Movies) with two taxonomies (Category and Genre) each and optionally disable the block editor for them.
- Easily add an inline script after a selected script.
- Replace your
example.comin your Schema output, so you can easily copy paste to Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Change the number of URLs shown in an XML Sitemap.
- Easily change your MyYoast URL.
If you find bugs or would like to contribute, see our GitHub repo.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Yoast Test Helper» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
Release date October 19th, 2021
- Add Indexable data to Query Monitor.
- Fixes a bug where not all the transients that hold unindexed counts were deleted when users hit the “Reset Indexables & Migrations” button.
Release Date: April 28th, 2021
- Adds the option to reset SEO roles & capabilities.
Release Date: March 18th, 2021
- Fixes a bug where all MyYoast requests would go to live my.yoast.com instead of the selected value of the domain dropdown.
Release Date: December 24th, 2020
- Adds an “enable support session” box to the top of the Yoast Test helper screen. Enabling the checkbox on that box will load a HelpScout beacon and a CoBrowse script on both front and backend of the site, for the current user only, for the duration of 4 hours. This allows the user to co-browse with a Yoast support agent. Please only enable this when instructed to do so by Yoast support.
Release Date: December 2nd, 2020
- Fixes a bug where a deprecated jQuery function was used.
Release Date: November 17th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where the
Start SEO Data optimizationbutton was not shown after resetting the indexables tables and migrations.
- Fixes a bug where no notification was shown to reindex your site when resetting the indexables tables and migrations, the prominent words table, and the internal link count.
- Fixes a bug where the
Reset indexables tables & migrationsfunctionality did not reset the internal link count transients.
- Makes the plugin translatable.
Release Date: October 6th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where the link columns could not be emptied due to an incorrect table name.
- Fixes a bug where links could be attached to the wrong indexables when resetting the indexable tables and migrations.
Release Date: July 8th, 2020
- Added resets for indexables related options when using the Yoast Test Helper to reset the indexables and migrations.
- Added resets for prominent word related functionality when using the Yoast Test Helper to reset the prominent words calculation.
- Fixes the database versions keys the plugin checks for Video SEO and WooCommerce SEO as they’ve been changed in these plugins.
Release Date: June 2nd, 2020
- Drops the table for prominent words (used by our internal linking functionality, among others) when you hit reset indexables.
- Some minor code style fixes.
Release Date: April 9th, 2020
- Removed the feature toggle for internal linking as it’s no longer in use.
- Changed the order of admin boxes to be more logical.
- Fix fatal error with debug panel.
Under the hood:
- If an integration returns an empty string for its form controls, don’t output the admin block.
- Several QA fixes and CS fixes.
- Travis now builds for PRs.
- Added a
.gitattributesfor more easy exporting.
Release Date: April 3rd, 2020
- Added a button to reset your database to pre-Indexables state. When running an indexables branch this causes all migrations to re-run and thus all tables to be created cleanly.
- Added a button to reset the configuration wizard state.
- Permalinks now reset after enabling custom post types.
- Fixes a bug where saving the Influence schema setting wouldn’t work.
- Switched to YoastCS 2.0 and changed the auto-loading process.
Release Date: February 5th, 2020
- Added the option to set Yoast SEO Premium version number.
Release Date: February 4th, 2020
- Added the option to add an inline script after a selected script.
- Added the option to enable and disable Yoast SEO development mode.
- Adds a button to reset the tracking option, thus triggering another tracking request.
- Slight styling improvements.
- Fixed the fact that disabling Gutenberg / the block editor on Books and Movies post type didn’t actually work.
- Made the plugin option autoload, removing the need for an extra query to get the option.
- Increase the allowed number of characters for the Yoast SEO version number.
Release Date: July 12th, 2019
- Configures composer to always use php 5.6 as a platform. This will prevent possible conflicts with symphony dependencies of wordpress-seo.
- Updates fstream to 1.0.12 and tar to 2.2.2.
- From now on,
grunt deploy:mastercan be used to deploy.