my website was sending https to http links. I used this plugin to serah and replace these. There are no instructions anywhere on how to use it.
I contacted their support and noone ever came back to me. I tried to do and it and it took literally hours then I realised it had replaced all http: with httpsssssssss:
It has taken me ages again to change this and had to pay for someone to fix.
maybe I was doing it wrong but how would you know when there are no instructions
My web host migrated multiple sites to a different server -- and apparently, a UTF encoding setting wasn't correct. The result was that lots of special characters -- â€”Â, â€œ and â€¦, among others -- suddenly showed up all over my site.
My website goes back 18 years, so going back post by post wasn't a realistic option. And leaving that content strewn with unreadable garbage wasn't realistic, either.
I found this plugin, then determined what character each individual string of random characters was SUPPOSED to be. One by one, I replaced each string with the correct character.
It took about two minutes to correct errors across literally thousands of posts. It couldn't have been simpler.
I installed this plugin as it was recommended to update the urls of images when importing them from one blog to another during an integration process. Unfortunately, after running it I was told 0 rows had been updated so it did nothing at all. It may be possible that only the Pro version works, if that is the case why offer a free version that does nothing, it is basically just an advert.